Tuesday 17 March 2015

Korean Beauty Haul

Ever since I'd heard of Asian skincare, I've been intrigued and fascinated. The idea that everyone follows such a complicated routine, the fact the products and ingredients are so different to what is sold here in Canada and most important the price range of the products. I had tried sheet masks before but this time I wanted to experiment with different products. I'd been seeing Memebox come up quite a bit recently as a Korean beauty box that delivered to the States. One of the things that really stood out were these super affordable serums, each with their own active ingredient. They weren't complicated and claiming to do a million things but one main ingredient. It kind of reminded me of Skininc where you can custom make yourself a serum based on active ingredients just like these. I was sold immediately and that prompted an order with Yes Style.



It's Skin - Power 10 Formula VC Effector - 13.90 CAD
I'd been after a vitamin c serum for a while to use in the morning. This has an artificial citrus scent that isn't unpleasant and definitely isn't strong. It has a watery, slippery texture that is thicker than an oil. It is intended to brighten the complexion and sun spots and smooth skin texture. Having young skin which is not problematic at the moment, my concerns are mainly to brighten my slightly sallow complexion and to have soft skin. Chemical exfoliation is also important to me as I do suffer from small millia around the eyes and cheekbones.

It's Skin - Power 10 Formula YE Effector - 9.73 CAD  
In the western world fermented foods are becoming popular health foods but in Asia, it is a common skincare ingredient (ever heard of that crazy expensive SKII esscence?). As I said exfoliation is important to me and likewise I want products that will promote cell growth and turnover, which this does. Additionally, this is meant to be very hydrating as well. This combination seemed perfect for a night-time serum.

Laneige - Blackhead Pore Strips (x10) - 16.90 CAD 
While I'd tried the sheet masks before, I had  hard time deciding what to order this time. The ingredients were all very different from what I'm used to and they all seemed to describe the same results so instead I decided to order some pore strips, which I've never used before. These win for the most beautiful packaging. It doesn't come up in the image but the box as well as the strip bags have a sort of pattern in matte that contrasts the glossy box. I'm in love with their packaging.

Have you ever tried any Asian beauty products?
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment