Sunday 15 March 2015

Peanut Butter Granola

After Reading Week I decided to make it a priority for me to have more variety in my lunches. Lunch is by far my least favourite meal of the day. I find it tedious to make *cough* sandwiches *cough* and I find I get bored of things quite quickly. However, one day picking up an overpriced parfait on campus, I realized just what to do with the leftover oats and honey and peanut butter I had sitting in my cupboard.


Peanut Butter Granola (makes two cups)

Ingredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar

Preheat the oven for 325 F.

Melt peanut butter, honey and sugar in a microwavable bowl. Whenever you are melting ingredients in the microwave, make sure to put it in for small intervals, stirring in between, until you get the desired consistency. This will also help you get the desired smooth consistency.

Add oats and stir until everything is combined and every oat is covered in your peanut butter honey.

Spread over a baking tray lined with parchment. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden in colour.

Wait until it is cooled completely and then break apart and store in an airtight container.

This recipe is super easy and I made it before class one morning. You can use it to make a berry or mango parfait like I did or as a snack between classes.

Let me know how you mix up your lunches.
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment