Sunday 21 December 2014

MAC Holiday Collection Objects of Affection























There's nothing I complain about more than MAC limited edition collections (except for maybe every time my laptop switches to Canadian Multilingual). They are always amazing and so it is always a game of risk determining whether something better could be coming out next month. There are too many collections to indulge in some of everything! When I saw this year's MAC holiday collection, I loved the packaging and the theme but I told myself that I didn't really neeeeed anything and this is kinda true. Last night though, I saw the collection in person, in a recently renovated and huge mac counter at our local department store. While I was sitting the changeroom while my mum was trying on a top (we were there for Christmas cards...), my mother asked me how much my ticket home cost and I said you could pay me back in MAC. It was only fair we both went home with something.























I don't own any pigments and so that was how I justified this purchase (considering this wasn't something on my "list"). I like the idea that a pigment can be thrown on top of a daytime look to make it a more sultry going-out look. This set however has colours appropriate for daytime and nighttime, making it appropriate for almost everyone. The packaging also makes for a beautiful gift, no wrapping required.

(swatched with my fingers left to right)






















           Lithe (peachy nude) would make for a beautiful all-over shade for fair skin tones as well as a nice highlight for darker skin tones.
English Gilt (bright champagne)  is a very similar colour with more shimmer.
Pretty It Up (olive with pearlized shimmer) is a great in-between colour which can be used on the outer corner for a shimmery daytime look or all over and smoked out for a nighttime look.
Deep Brown (dark chocolate brown) is a trickier shade and I'm not yet sure how I would use it. I like that it isn't too warm of a brown colour and may look nice in the crease for a nighttime look. 
Gold is a beautiful chunky glitter. This is going to look amazing packed onto a cream eye shadow (I think it really needs something to stick to) and will definitely be my Christmas pick.

Stay tuned to my blog for a Christmas GRWM for a look using these pigments.

xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment