Tuesday 9 December 2014

The Other Sephora Sale


Sephora's November 20% sale gets a lot of well-deserved hype, but since I was buying a $250 study manual this year, I did not indulge. My favourite of Sephora's sales takes place in December and for a student who doesn't drop a hundred dollars at Sephora (in one go, that is), this sale offer's a better deal. This deal was $20 off of $50 for VIB ($15 for BI and $25 for VIB Rouge).



Nars Mie Kabuki Brush - 62 CAD
This is the big sister to the Yachiyo brush which I originally intended to buy, but didn't spot on the shelves. It is the same shape (but larger) with a similar wound wicker handle. This was not on the Sephora website so I had no idea it existed and while the Sephora website said they had the Yachiyo brush, as per usual the sales associates ignored me (I'm not even going to start about my local Sephora) so I was satisfied with this brush and purchased it instead. I love that this brush isn't too large so it isn't limited to only being a powder brush. The tip is pointed so it could be used for more precise applications such as for blush or highlighter, but I think the best uses for this brush would be powder and bronzer.
I'm really keen on beefing up my brush collection as I find right now I'm somewhat restricted in purchasing new makeup (such as powder bronzers and setting powders) as well as some application because I don't have a lot of brushes. I'm also interested in picking up the Real Techniques brushes once I can find somewhere that stocks them.

Deborah Lippmann 99 Luftballoons - 22 CAD (full size)
In the past I've only ever saved my points for the 500 point perks but I was really tempted by this 100 point perk. I'm not a big glitter wearer and it's not really something I'd want to spend my money on but it's nice to have for the right occasion. I thought this would look great over red nails for the Christmas season, so I went for it. I like that Deborah Lippmann's glitter polishes are all different sizes and it makes for a more interesting glitter effect.
Stay tuned for a Christmas nail post.

What did/would you buy with this sale?
xx jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment