Thursday 4 December 2014

Exam Trilogy #1: Three Products For Exam Season

This will be the first post in my Exam Trilogy (a la Essie Button) meant to help you through exam stress and time constraints. This first post is three beauty products which will help you look and feel your best when you have no time to "naturally" look and feel your best. 



This product can sometimes be a lifesaver when you get blemishes. For pimples that are on their way, it tends to speed up the time it takes to form a whitehead. No, I don't mean it breaks me out. I have never put on this product and found more whiteheads than I bargained for. This product really does "bring out" what is already there. Additionally for blemishes on their way out, it tends to speed up the recovery time. However, this product is not a lifesaver when you are like me and can't stop picking at your skin when you're stressed out for exams (more to come about that). This is a great product though for reducing your skin's stress while you're trying to focus on your own.

During exams you don't have time to have a relaxing bath and the fact that you share your bath with persons of questionable cleanliness is a whole other story. But a product you can use to de-stress in the shower is this shower smoothie. While I don't find it to be quite as moisturizing as it is intended to be, the scent is extremely calming and the ingredients are intended to soothe sensitive skin. It contains aloe vera, lavender, rose, tea tree, calamine and chamomile. And the ingredients are also ideal before bedtime when you know you aren't getting enough sleep. 

So you haven't been getting enough sleep and you probably have a stress-related breakout but you still want to look good for your exam at 7 p.m. This concealer is the best all-rounder and is guaranteed to make you look prepared for your exam. Now the price tag on this concealer is cringe-worthy and while other bloggers have claimed to find dupes like the Maybelline Fit Me, nothing has quite the same coverage while still being as creamy and blend-able. I have the lightest shade in this which is usually too light for me so I usually apply this before foundation so it blends better and I stipple it around my eyes for maximum coverage. 

xx jenn


2 comments:

  1. I love effaclar duo, it honestly is an amazing product. I pick at my spots a lot too (not usually when stressed, it's just a bad habit!) but this tends to make them heal up a lot better! The NARS concealer sounds great too, I've heard so many good things about the formula. It just seems so pricey but from what you've mentioned it sounds worth it!

    Kathryn from This Outlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nars concealer is the kind of product where if you have spots and dark circles its definitely worth it for the coverage (also I've had mine for almost a year which I'm sure is not the most hygienic but it will last a while). For someone who doesn't suffer from acne or perpetually dark circles it definitely isn't worth it and something like the maybelline fit me is a really similar product but without the same coverage would be a fine substitute.

      Delete