Sunday 25 January 2015

Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil

Since I received a sample of this oil from Sephora last winter this has quickly become one of my favourite skincare products. The primary ingredient, Tsubaki Oil has supposedly belonged to Japanese beauty rituals for centuries. It cost 57.00 CAD for a 1.7 oz bottle (I'm more of a metric girl but it really is a lot for your money).


The Sephora website lists 3 main ingredients: Tsubaki oil which firms, moisturizes and protects against free radicals as well as source of Omega-3 fatty acids, Japanese Sea Kelp which repairs skin by restoring proteins, and Rice Bran Oil which brightens skin and provides a light-weight texture which absorbs easily and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. While I'm not super familiar with skincare ingredients (good or bad), this oil seems to contain mostly natural ingredients and practically nothing unrecognizable or un-pronounceable.

I use this product mainly in the daytime before a moisturizer or sometimes without if I feel that my skin doesn't want to be weighed down with moisturizer. As I have somewhat normal skin, I can be dry where having the extra moisture of an oil is soothing and beneficial or I can have slightly more oily skin where just using an oil like this provides enough moisture while being absorbed quickly and not contributing to an oily face. Additionally Sephora recommends this product to persons with oily skin looking to try a facial oil.

The other reason I was so instantly struck by this product is that I truly feel that this does help repair skin and blemishes. I have spoken before about "healing acne scabs" and nothing works quite as well as this at increasing the rate of recovery and preventing acne scars.

Of course, with every acne product, you need to take it with a grain of salt. There is no miracle cure to acne and while some products help and other products like this that make a "noticeable difference" with blemishes. I am a firm believer that if you do suffer from serious acne that you should consult a physician (you don't need a dermatologist) before spending hundreds of dollars on skin care products. However for those like myself, who  don't suffer from acne so much as a few blemishes here and there (or who simply have a PICKING PROBLEM!), I have found this product helpful in managing it.

Have you tried any facial oils and how do you compare them to your moisturizer?
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment