Sunday 11 January 2015

Christmas Beauty Products 2014

If you read my new years resolutions, you'll know that one of my goals is to focus on skincare rather than make-up. I kept this in mind when I wrote my Christmas list. I think sometimes when you read beauty blogs you think you need every neutral palette that looks beautiful (I mean those are all shades you're going to use right!?) etc. but I find when I take a step back I should only really be buying new makeup products as I run out or to fill in a gap. So I made my beauty list small and precise.



Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil - 57.00 CAD
I received a sample of this last December in a 500 point gift and I absolutely loved it. I managed to make the tiny sample last for about 2 and half months and so I could justify purchasing the full sized bottle as I knew it would last probably forever. The bottle has a dropper in it which is perfect for measuring exactly how much you need without wasting product as well as being hygienic. I usually use this in the day time but also at night if I find my skin is acting up. When I first used the oil it was hard to put my finger on why my skin loved it. It just makes my skin feel good. I'll be writing a more in depth blog post about this, so keep tuned to the blog to hear about the effects to my skin.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner - 22.50 CAD
I ran out of my Lush Eau Roma toner recently and needed a new toner (as I found it refreshing when studying but not necessarily effective at doing anything). One of my favourite bloggers I Covet Thee made morning and evening skin care videos earlier this year and I really felt I related with her skin concerns: normal but with spots (though not severe) and dryness (in areas). She talked about this toner and when I noticed it was priced the same as the lush toners of the same size, I thought I would try this. This seems to do everything: balances pH, moisturizes, heals, cleans, and refines surface texture. So far I like this. Recently the stress of moving back to school after the break has caused one of the biggest (not self inflicted) blemishes I've had in years. I found this product to be soothing and in combination with my skin care routine, healed up pretty quickly (3 days). So I think I can say my new additions are working. When my night cream runs out, I am also planning to purchase the ultra facial cream.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush - 41.00 CAD
My usual blush of choice is Mac's Harmony. I think the blush (when used delicately) adds a really natural flush of colour. Instead of something neutral and natural, I wanted something with more colour and glow for the spring/summer and has anyone actually been able to say no to these blushes? I think I will be doing a more detailed post about this product, with a look to go with, so I don't want to say too much here.

What products did you get for Christmas?
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment