Thursday 15 January 2015

Smokey Romantic Eye Look

Lately I've been wearing very little makeup. Normally I have "busy" days with lots of class and errands, where I tend to wear more makeup but this term my schedule is very spread out and with lost of time in the library I've mostly been wearing concealer, eye liner and mascara (during a Canadian winter you don't need blush!). Today, I'm going to be hanging out with friends and going to dinner so I thought I would be a bit more ambitious. I decided to create a pinky-smokey eye and keep the rest of my face very neutral so I don't look too done up.






Face:
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - Chantilly
L'oreal True Match Foundation- C1
Mac Studio Fix Powder
Mac Blush - Harmony

Eyes:
Mac Paint Pot - Bare Study
Mac Pigment - Deep Brown
Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette (dupe for the Naked 3) - Nooner, Factory
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Rimmel Soft Kohl - Sable Brown
Maybelline Define-A-Brow - Dark Blonde
Maybelline Great Lash - Clear

Lips:
L'oreal Collection Privee - Julianne's Nude

The concealer is a bit too light for me and so I applied concealer first under my eyes, sides of my nose and a sheer layer on the bottom of my chin. I stippled with a Sephora Flawless Powder Brush to provide maximum coverage, especially around the eyes. Then using a pea sized amount of foundation, I buffed it in using the same brush. I had freckled skin even in the winter so I prefer to use little foundation and use concealer for coverage to keep my skin looking pore-less but natural.

For the eyes I started with a paint pot to keep the pigment sticking to my eyes. Using the pigment dry, I took off most the product on the back of my hand and buffed it into the socket and outer-corner, then using a cleaner brush I buffed it in really well. Then I applied Nooner over the lid, and Factory on the outer-corner, blending them both in with the pigment. I really like using pinks like this (smoked out with the brown) because it looks less girly-pink and while it is smokey it doesn't look too night-time like browns and grays look. I followed up with some brown liner on the outer-half, applying it right into the lash-line and mascara on both the upper and lower lashes (after curling them).

For my brows, I apply the thin Define-A-Brow pencil with small stokes and fill in only the areas which need it, for my left bow its the back half and for my right it's the front. To set my brows I use the Maybelline clear mascara after taking off some of the excess product.

To finish the look, I powdered my face with the Mac Powder and apply a small amount of Harmony blush on my cheek bones, blended up into the temples. Then I dabbed a small amount Julianne's nude on my lips. I love this as an everyday lipstick, the finish and colour is perfect for my lips.

How do you wear a smokey day/evening look?
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment