Thursday 19 February 2015

The Body Shop Sweet Almond Oil Nail Polish Remover

Nail polish remover isn't something I've ever considered paying more than $5 on and even then I would just buy whatever was on sale. Since deciding last year that I wanted to introduce more natural and ethically sourced products into my regime, I still hadn't explored the aisles of The Body Shop. I was super intrigued by their nail polish remover and how it contained almond oil to nourish cuticles.


I'm still not sure how I'm going to write an entire blog post about a nail polish remover, but I loved it so much I felt that it needed a post to itself. The remover has an oily texture, which feels much less drying on the nails themselves and feels extremely nourishing on the cuticles. I rub the oil into my hands after removing the nail polish and then let my hands absorb the oil for a few minutes before applying the nail polish. This is great for people like me too lazy to actually use a cuticle oil. While the remover still has that alcoholic smell, the almond scent is strong enough to mask most of it, but is not so strong that it's unpleasant.

Of the times I used it I was wearing a navy nail polish so I can definitely say that it removes dark nail polish extremely well. So well in fact, that I don't even need to use a second cotton round to remove the polish from both my hands.

So far I've been really impressed by this nail polish remover, by both how effective it's been at removing nail polish and how it's left my nails and cuticles feeling really hydrated in the harsh Canadian winter.

Have you ever been really impressed by a nail polish remover?
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment