Sunday 15 February 2015

Target Liquidation Haul


It's been a sad time for us Canadians, losing Target and now the niche between Walmart and a proper department store (even Sears is on its way out). But there is always a silver lining and the silver lining here is a liquidation sale! Actually things got a little bit sadder considering the lack of real deals, I mean 10% kitchen products...that's pretty standard in department stores, I mean those are the kinda saving you get with a Student Pricing Card or one of those Target debit cards which I'm sure all the owners are now regretting. But lo and behold, cosmetics were 30% and that even had my mother rushing out to Target.


The cosmetics section was already a little barren to begin with probably the result of a previous sale and being the one thing in the store that was a deal but I managed to snag a few things.

L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions 
I've been using Benefit's They're Real for a couple years and while I love the product and the results I wanted something easier to remove and slightly more subtle. The mascara has a skinny plastic brush with short bristles. This mascara is definitely lengthening rather than voluminous and when you apply the first coat it seems to just appear as it you have a million more lashes but without looking too unnaturally long or thick. Applying more coats you can get decent length and can even build it up to a Benefit level, I've found. So far this ticks the boxes of what I want in a mascara and I'm hoping to try the waterproof after this runs out, although in Canada you really need the waterproof in the winter (nothing's worse than walking anywhere in a snowstorm and finding your makeup's slid down your face).

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer I love you but you're running out and Alabaster is just too light for my skin. I do think it is a good concealer for under eyes and blemishes but lately I've found myself using the Mac Studio Finish for pin point concealing and my eyes..., oh god my eyes! I have incredibly dark circles and while I drink lots of water and almost always get my 7-8 hours they will not leave my eyes. The Nars has good coverage but when you use as much product as I do it can look too heavy and I end up sheering it out. While the Maybelline is sheerer, it has a light consistency which makes it never too heavy and the coverage is really good considering it's so light. I've actually found this to be really good and I'm not sure I would repurchase Nars, but I do still think it is an amazing multi-purpose concealer.

Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nottinghill Nude
They were almost completely out of these so I'm assuming they were of sale previous to the liquidation and as a result this was a tester (cringe, I know). I took it home and removed as much of the product off the top I was willing to sacrifice. I'm glad I didn't pay too much for this product because I really don't care for it. I was under the impression it would be a nice moisturizing peachy nude (something a la Made in Chelsea) without being too light, which always really scares me. This is just the opposite, it's too dark for me and far too matte to look flattering on me. I'm hoping that it will be a nice summer night colour, when I'm a little more tanned and maybe with a gloss.

I'll just be waiting here for the kitchen clearance,
xx jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment